REGISTER FOR OUR MEDIATION TRAINING
step 2: payment
CMCRI’s Mediation Training is a highly interactive 40-hour course that provides participants with the fundamentals of the facilitative mediation process. Over the course of five classes, we’ll cover:
• Conflict Theory and Styles
• Role of the Mediator
• Role of Confidentiality and Neutrality
• Building Trust and Setting the Stage
• Active Listening
• Identification of Positions and Interests
• Reframing and Summarizing Techniques
• Setting an Agenda
• Dealing with Impasse
• Agreement Writing
• Ethics and Standards of Practice
• Mediation with Represented Parties
• Unauthorized Practice of Law
The training is focused on practical skill-building with many group exercises and role-plays. While this course is open to anyone, it fulfills the Rhode Island statute training requirement for mediators.
This course is also approved as CLE/CEU credit for Rhode Island attorneys and social workers. The 40-hour training is designed to qualify for 20 RI MCLE credits. Attorneys seeking credit must apply for individual course accreditation via Appendix D within the Rhode Island Supreme Court Attorney Portal.
Training Fee is $995.00
Need-based scholarships are available on a limited basis - for more information, please contact us.